The Malaysian government will establish a Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) to investigate the multi-billion-dollar foreign exchange losses by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) during the early 1990s.
In a statement issued on June 21, the prime minister’s office said the formation of the RCI, which has stronger investigatory powers, is based on the findings of the “special task force”, which formed in February to investigate the same matter.
“The cabinet unanimously agreed with the task force’s recom
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart