The Bank for Central African States (BEAC) is embarking upon a set of policies to help rebuild levels of reserves for those in the region struggling to recover from the oil shock last year, notes a report released by the International Monetary Fund.
“The BEAC will ensure implementation of strict limits aimed at restricting bank refinancing using government securities as collateral,” the fund said, noting the central bank had, in the meantime, already begun tightening monetary policy.
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart