The governor of the South African Reserve Bank (Sarb) has rejected the public protector’s response following her decision to challenge the central bank’s mandate.
In a document sent to the high court, Lesetja Kganyago said Busisiwe Mkhwebane’s response to the central bank exposed her “own lack of competency”.
“It is not good enough for the public protector to now concede the merits and say that she consents to her remedial action being set aside when her explanation for her conduct, instead of
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession