The governor of the South African Reserve Bank (Sarb) has rejected the public protector’s response following her decision to challenge the central bank’s mandate.
In a document sent to the high court, Lesetja Kganyago said Busisiwe Mkhwebane’s response to the central bank exposed her “own lack of competency”.
“It is not good enough for the public protector to now concede the merits and say that she consents to her remedial action being set aside when her explanation for her conduct, instead of
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart