Israel: The Israeli government has confirmed the appointment of two new officials and the reappointment of another to the Bank of Israel’s monetary policy committee, after a three-year selection process.
Following an extensive search by the Candidate Search Committee, Zvi Hercowitz and Moshe Hazan were chosen to replace departed Rafi Melnick and Alex Cukierman, who completed their terms in 2014 and 2015, respectively.
The central bank law states three people from the general public must serve
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations