Israel: The Israeli government has confirmed the appointment of two new officials and the reappointment of another to the Bank of Israel’s monetary policy committee, after a three-year selection process.
Following an extensive search by the Candidate Search Committee, Zvi Hercowitz and Moshe Hazan were chosen to replace departed Rafi Melnick and Alex Cukierman, who completed their terms in 2014 and 2015, respectively.
The central bank law states three people from the general public must serve
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review