The UK government has elected its first woman to chair the influential Treasury Select Committee (TSC), the parliamentary oversight board in charge of holding the Bank of England to account.
Nicky Morgan, a former financial secretary to the treasury, said in a statement on social media that she was “delighted and honoured” to be elected by her peers. She went on to say she now has “lots to do”.
Morgan was first elected to the UK parliament in 2010 and won a seat for the region of Loughborough.
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart