David Enrich, The Spider Network. The Wild Story of a Maths Genius, a Gang of Backstabbing Bankers, and One of the Greatest Scams in Financial History, WH Allen, Penguin Random House UK, 2017, 479 pages
If the title of the book does not catch your attention, the subtitle certainly will. This book, written by “a veteran writer and editor at The Wall Street Journal”, keeps you engaged throughout this magnum opus. There are at least three reasons for reading this book.
First is the content of th
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- RBI under pressure from alleged banking fraud scandal
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields