The Bank of Uganda has filed a law suit on behalf of troubled lender, Crane Bank, against Sudhir Ruparelia for the retrieval of more than $100 million.
In a statement released on July 13, the central bank said it was seeking to retrieve funds from the owner of Meera Investments, which it claims were “fraudulently extracted” from Crane Bank from 2013 to 2016.
“The suit seeks to recover a total of $93.8 million and 60.3 billion shillings ($20 million), together with the freehold titles to Crane
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart