The governor of the Central Bank of the Philippines (BSP) believes his nation’s banking system is “very robust”, with further improvements yet to come.
Speaking at a stakeholder dinner on July 11, Nestor Espenilla said the banking system was “poised” for “broader reach and better services” after prudent policymaking helped to establish a sturdy financial system and stable economy.
“The number of operating banks as of March 2017 is 599 (head offices) with an overall branch network of 10,679 uni
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession