The governor of the Central Bank of the Philippines (BSP) believes his nation’s banking system is “very robust”, with further improvements yet to come.
Speaking at a stakeholder dinner on July 11, Nestor Espenilla said the banking system was “poised” for “broader reach and better services” after prudent policymaking helped to establish a sturdy financial system and stable economy.
“The number of operating banks as of March 2017 is 599 (head offices) with an overall branch network of 10,679 uni
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart