Bank of England (BoE) deputy governor Ben Broadbent came to the defence of globalisation in a speech on July 11, arguing the costs have tended to be significantly outweighed by the benefits.
Speaking to an audience in the Scottish town of Aberdeen – whose oil industry is heavily affected by global forces – the BoE deputy governor cited research that implied the job losses from globalisation in the UK were far outweighed by the benefits to consumers.
Taking the example of the clothing industry
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart