Research published by the Bank of England (BoE) seeks to bridge the gap in literature on the exchange rate’s pass-through to inflation, finding it is important to take account of both shocks and structure when assessing variation across time and countries.
In the discussion paper, published on June 30, Kristin Forbes, Ida Hjortsoe and Tsvetelina Nenova try to correct for the “striking” disconnect between the shock-based and structural literature.
They estimate pass-through using a standard red
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart