A working paper published by the Bank of Spain attempts to model how different groups of industries react to the national business cycle.
In The propagation of industrial business cycles, Maximo Camacho and Danilo Leiva-Leon use Gibbs sampling, a multivariate Markov-switching model, and non-parametric density estimation approaches.
The authors find that “the number and location of modes in the distribution of industrial dissimilarities change over the business cycle”. These changes follow a “r
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- RBI under pressure from alleged banking fraud scandal
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields