The Central Bank of Madagascar will use a number of different substrates for its new currency series, whose first banknotes were launched today (July 17).
The central bank revealed it would launch four new Malagasy ariary banknotes this month and another four later in the year. The theme for the series is the celebration of the “wealth of Madagascar”.
Among those released this month is the new MGA20,000 ($6.80) note, which is being printed on Giesecke and Devrient’s (G&D) Louisenthal hybrid su
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession