The Central Bank of Madagascar will use a number of different substrates for its new currency series, whose first banknotes were launched today (July 17).
The central bank revealed it would launch four new Malagasy ariary banknotes this month and another four later in the year. The theme for the series is the celebration of the “wealth of Madagascar”.
Among those released this month is the new MGA20,000 ($6.80) note, which is being printed on Giesecke and Devrient’s (G&D) Louisenthal hybrid su
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart