The governor of the National Bank of Croatia has warned it is too soon to forecast the demise of hard currency.
Appearing on a panel alongside governors from three other European central banks, Boris Vujčić said cash remained an important method of payment for most people across Europe.
Croatia is now fifth in the eurozone in terms of the number of contactless payments, mobile payments and online banking facilities established, and people can transact using cloud-based virtual card payments. “
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart