The governor of the National Bank of Croatia has warned it is too soon to forecast the demise of hard currency.
Appearing on a panel alongside governors from three other European central banks, Boris Vujčić said cash remained an important method of payment for most people across Europe.
Croatia is now fifth in the eurozone in terms of the number of contactless payments, mobile payments and online banking facilities established, and people can transact using cloud-based virtual card payments. “
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession