It is no secret that the use of cash as a form of payment is falling in many countries. In the last decade, the percentage of payments carried out electronically has increased dramatically.
This change has been accompanied by the development of cryptocurrencies, digital forms of payment used beyond the purview of financial regulation. David Birch’s new book, Before Babylon, Beyond Bitcoin: From Money that We Understand to Money that Understands Us, explores the history and future of money, loo
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations