It is no secret that the use of cash as a form of payment is falling in many countries. In the last decade, the percentage of payments carried out electronically has increased dramatically.
This change has been accompanied by the development of cryptocurrencies, digital forms of payment used beyond the purview of financial regulation. David Birch’s new book, Before Babylon, Beyond Bitcoin: From Money that We Understand to Money that Understands Us, explores the history and future of money, loo
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review