The UK’s Royal Mint will supply Argentina with 150 million peso coins, after the institution won a contract to assist with the minting of a new coin series.
Announced on social media by UK chancellor Philip Hammond, the mint will work closely with its Argentinian counterpart – Sociedad del Estado Casa de Moneda – to produce blanks for the new coin series.
Paul Morgan, the Royal Mint’s regional director of circulation coin sales for the Americas and Caribbean, said he was “delighted” the mint h
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations