The Central Bank of Armenia has announced it will drop its highest-denomination banknote and introduce a new lower-denomination note when it prints its new series.
In a statement released by the central bank earlier this month, it says it has discussed a number of details surrounding the new series – including substrate choice, security features and potential design aspects – with academics and members of the Armenian Apostolic Church.
In considering other banks’ international experience, as
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart